Wednesday, May 18, 2016

shows off iOS 6.1.3 & iOS 6.1.4 Untethered Jailbrk


Developer@winocmhas been pretty vocal as of late about his intentionsto eventually relse ajailbrkfor iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 devices. Although we erally take such claims with a ing helping on my favorite ssoning, winocm is, from what I’ve been able to gather, a respectable member of the jailbrk community.After all, this is the same developer thatworked on an iOS 6.x downgrade, the jailbrk twkAccentify, and has had various other contributions to the community. Needless to say, when he announced that he had an untether binary that still needed a bit of work, my rs perked up.A few days ago, winocm rched out to a famous blog iDB about his progress on the jailbrk. Although the project is still knee deep in its development phase, he did allow us to go hands on with some of his work. Today, with the help of winocm, I was able to install Cydia on my iPhone 4S running 6.1.3. If we’re ever going to see a proper tool relsed for the iOS 6.1.3 jailbrk, he just could be the developer to do so.Yes, we have of Cydia running on my iPhone 4S, and yes it’s legit. Although he has asked us not to spk about the process involved in getting a working Cydia on my 4S, Jeff was there and watched him perform the process from start to finish. In other words, Jeff can vouch for the Cydia install, and can certainly vouch for ’s legitimacy. Have a look below by Jeff from iDB…With that being said, the verdict is still out as to whether this will result in an actual relse that everyone can take advantage of. Although winocm seems bent on accomplishing just that, relsing a working jailbrk to the masses isn’t exactly a cakewalk.That considered, although I sat and watch as my normal boring iPhone 4S was transformed into one capable of running themes,twks, and jailbrk apps, I have to be honest and say that I’m still a bit skeptical about whether or not this thing will ever see the light of day.It’s a good start, but that’s coming from a lay person whose lice when it comes to this stuff rches a platu fairly rly in the game. Winocm is a ridiculously smart individual, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did eventually relse something to the public. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t, either.With iOS 7 on the horizon, I’ve hrd a lot of folks talk about the usefulness, or lack thereof, of a iOS 6.x jailbrk this late in the game. I still think an iOS 6.1.3 jailbrk would be mighty useful, and tons of people would be happy to have a jailbrk for their 6.1.3 devices. What about you? Would you be happy to have it?Sound off in the comment section below, and be sure to follow@winocmon Twitter and share your thoughts with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment