Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Review: Polk Audio’s Nue Era in-r hd sound perfect with your iPhone's


Not a fan of ’s rPods? Looking for something new to use with your iOS devices? We took the Nue Era in-r hd by Polk Audio for a spin this week. The Nue Eras are, as the name implies, a brand-new model that was just recently relsed. Are they worth checking out? Keep rding for our full review.Sound
I listen to a lot of bass-hvy music, but I can’t usually hr most of the bass unless I’m in my car. My rPods just don’t carry it. The Nue Era r, on the other hand, sounded grt in terms of bass. Unfortunately, as is often the case with this style of hd, the bass is a bit overpowering, causing the mids and especially the highs, to become buried under the lower frequencies. The result is a slightly muddy sound that can cause vocals to sound a bit muffled.Design
The hd themselves look grt. I used the black ones which fit my black iPhone well. I’ve only seen photos of the “tortoise” finish, but I’m comfortable saying that if they look as good as the black ones, they’re quite nice.As far as the fit goes, the box comes with seven different sets of tips: five silicone and two foam. Because the different tips have different-sized openings, they can noticbly alter the sound quality when using them. I found that the pair that fit my rs best did not sound as good as another pair, so I was torn between the noticbly better sound or the noticbly better fit. Thankfully switching tips is sier than with some other models, so I didn’t have a problem going back and forth until I decided to stick with the more comfortable pair.The Nue Era hd also have a three-button control and microphone capsule like those found on many hd today, allowing you to control your iPhone’s volume and Siri remotely. I did find that the buttons on the capsule were a bit difficult to push at first, since I’m used to using rPods, but once you’ve used it for a little bit it gets sier.Wrap-up
The Nue Era hd look and sound grt (although, as noted, can be a bit hvy on the bass). If you don’t use in-r hd, these likely won’t inspire a sudden change of hrt. If you prefer the in-r style, though, the New Eras are a grt option. They retail for $99.95 onPolk Audio’s website. They’re available in two colors (black and tortoise).

No comments:

Post a Comment